ISN Corporation is seeking an SSA Representative Payee Reviewer!
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, ISN Corporation is a nationwide provider of specialized professional services to Federal government agencies. ISN’s portfolio includes work with over 100 Federal agencies. ISN Corporation has been awarded a place in the Washington Business Journal’s list of the 50 Fastest Growing Government Contractors. ISN is also on the Inc.
Magazine’s 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies for the last two years.
The primary responsibility of the SSA Representative Payee Reviewer (“Reviewer”) is to verify that representative payees are using SSA benefits properly on behalf of beneficiaries and are carrying out all other representative payee responsibilities and duties correctly and satisfactorily.
NOTE: Reviewers will complete reviews using electronic forms on secure laptops provided by ISN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare for interviews by reviewing previously recorded information about each representative payee and beneficiary
- Schedule interviews with representative payees and beneficiaries, or others on behalf of the beneficiaries
- Perform payee and beneficiary interviews by interviewing diverse populations that include representative payees, beneficiaries, legal guardians, and other third parties who support the beneficiaries
- Perform basic accounting functions as part of conducting financial reviews of the representative payees; such functions include tracking income and expenses, and reviewing bank statements and other financial documents
- Identify any deficiencies and develop corrective actions plans when needed
- Complete all necessary documentation to reporting review findings
- Observe and identify health, safety, or other issues negatively affecting the beneficiary’s well-being; make appropriate referrals to local, state, or Federal agencies as needed
Bachelor’s Degree OR 5 years of experience performing services similar to the following:
- Preparing for the reviews;
- Scheduling the reviews and interviews;
- Conducting the reviews and interviews;
- Making referrals to an outside agency, if needed (discussed below);
- Reporting review findings;
- Creating corrective action plans, if needed;
- Closing out the review; and
- Participating in Quality
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent phone etiquette and a demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in verbal and written forms
- Proven and effective time management skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi- task
- Possesses the ability to self-manage and adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected shifts in priorities while maintaining focus and productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service driven and attention to detail is a must
Skill or experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Social Work
- Protection and Advocacy (P&A), especially in support of people with disabilities
- Identifying health and safety issues, especially for the elderly and for people with disabilities
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Former SSA Representative Payee
- State level benefits investigations
- Guardian ad litem
- Accounting and financial management
Please apply at https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/ISNCorporation
ISN Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
ISN Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ISN Corporation is a Drug-Free Workplace. Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment background investigation before beginning employment.